I got tagged and given I am not busy eating bacon and eggs ..(although I still struggle to gulp down bread and cornflakes every morning) .. I have decided to do the honourable thing. So here goes:
LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN A THEATER: RACE,(No I am not cogging from Anphy, IIM professors instill enough fear in us, that even people like me put away the small bits of paper that were as essential as a calculator) .. the movie was crap! even by Bollywood standards. The only saving grace was that I was flanked by two pretty ladies which made for a pleasant distraction.
2)WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?: Kite runner by Khaled Hosseini. Now don't stare at the screen like that .. I DO read books once in a while .. its a very touching novel, and the irony that the author brings out makes it very enjoyable and realistic to a great extent. Must read. ( gawd, I sound like those rediff book reviewers)
3)FAVORITE BOARD GAME? : Does Pool/Snooker count ?? hmm.. would have to be Chess. My love started when I could beat my mom and sister with uncanny ease. My mom mistook me for the next 'Viswanathan Anand' and enrolled me in some professional tournament, and the next 15 chess games made me understand that board games are not my cup of tea. I had a second lease of Chess mania when I got new scapegoats in the form of my niece and nephew .. but they have also caught on and have started having airs about themselves .. I guess its time I enrolled them in the same professional tournament !
4. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? : Reader's digest .. RD has been my favorite for variety of evolving reasons: initially it was the laughter the best medicine and the 'humor in uniform' .. then it was the Otto Berlington ads .. and then it was for the classy articles and captivating stories. RD gets my vote hands down.
5. FAVORITE SMELLS? : Coffee, the smell of the earth when the first showers wet the ground, but the winner is :
the smell of pudina chutney and idli that Mom makes .. coming from a person stuck in London with Cornflakes and butter toasts .. dear readers please empathize.
6. FAVORITE SOUND? : "ok, time is up, everyone put your pens down" .. which inevitably indicates the end of (yet) another exam and gets me that much closer to my MBA degree. Never before has studies been a struggle. But never before did I learn so much either. No pain, no gain.
7. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? : You move ahead in life and then you realise that you could have done some previous part differently. Regret can gnaw away at your happiness very quickly. And, believe me, its very painful.
8. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE?: Different things through different phases in life:
pre schooling days: Did I wet my bed today ?
2nd - 5th : What is the day today ? Is there a PT period today ? ( PT period is like a games period)
6th - 8th : Oh shit, I am going to be late for the school bus again.
9th - 10th: Oh there is a cricket match today, what excuse can I make at home so that I can stay home and watch the match ?
11th - 12th: not another tuition .. I hate tuitions, I hate CBSE, I hate studies .. oh crap I am late again ..
post 12th : I wish I were in School ..
9. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE? : Pizza hut .. I know its not exactly fast food .. but that's how close I get to eating fast food outside. I miss the ambiance ( or lack of it) and the gang of friends who used to hang out there ..
10. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? : There is a tradition in my family where the first male child gets the name of the grand father and female of the grand mom. So ... Mom, happy ? ( it never hurts to remain in mum's good books)
11. FINISH THIS STATEMENT. "IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D...? : BE RICH ! .. other than stating the obvious .. I would buy a penthouse in London , Paris, Mumbai and yeah get myself a beach house/mansion in Goa ... blah blah .. Always have dreamed about HOW I would get rich .. never reached the part about how I would spend the money .. guess I have to sleep more from now on .. :)
12. DO YOU DRIVE FAST? : Yeah .. as fast as my Honda Activa takes me . ok don't laugh. It can be pretty quick for city roads. *shrugs his shoulders*
13. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? : No. Come to think of it .. thats one thing even 'Caligula' did not have .. the person who wrote this question must be a genius.
14. STORMS-COOL OR SCARY? – Cool .. I love the weather and the rain lashings .. as long as it does not lead to a power cut ( and the subsequent calls to the electricity board people)
15. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? – hot wheels ? trying to buy a Merc, hmm .. inherit rather ..or is it acquire .. ( will make do with a Merc as Dowry .. guahahahaha ..) all u feminists out there .. SHUT UP!
16. FAVORITE DRINK? : Sweet Lassi served with Malai on top .. Thats the closest I have got to losing my senses over a drink ..
17. FINISH THIS STATEMENT, "IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD..” – read books, play football, watch football, talk to my friends, and yeah sit at home and eat mom's food ..
18. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI? : I eat anything that is classified VEG. Anything.
19. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE? : BLACK. BLACK. BLACK. i.e. if there is any hair left to be dyed in a few years time .. :(
20. NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS YOU HAVE LIVED IN : Ambala, Bathinda, Naliya ( Gujarat), Jodhpur, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Agra, and yeah last my hometown TRIVANDRUM .. and yeah presently in London doing my internship!
21. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? : Football, EPL in particular .. passionate about Chelsea FC. Also follow tennis, Basketball. Cricket .. actually leave me in a room with a TV which has sky and setanta sports and I would happily spend a few days ( or is that a few months) there in solitary confinement.
22. ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU : I could get away with saying that she is 'nice' , cute, understanding .. or blah blah ... but the one thing that differentiates her from the other females I know is her attitude and the 'non girly' things that she does .. ( I am not sure she would agree with me) .. but still ..
23. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? : My football boots, my socks, shin guards, and yeah under some circumstances .. ME.
24. WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN? : Yeah. I love being myself and also the chances that I get such wonderful parents and sister is close to impossible. I would take up that offer any day.
25. MORNING PERSON, OR NIGHT OWL? : night owl - used to sleeping at 5 am everyday. IIM life can do that to your bioligical clock. Otherwise you would miss out on all the fun that happens on Campus ..
26. OVER EASY, OR SUNNY SIDE UP? :hmm.. *ignorance disclaimer* .. hence left unanswered
27. FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX? : Home, any place with lotsa friends, or some place with just my closest buddies .. nothin better than to have someone close to you who can understand whats going through your brain without ever having to utter a word ..
28. FAVORITE PIE?: walking back the memmory lane, the pie that i most fondly remember has to be 'American Pie I' .. that Nadia female was HOT !
29. FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? : Butterscotch .. any day.
30. OF ALL THE PEOPLE YOU TAGGED THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST? : nice try .. what makes you think I will tag this to anyone . :P
And there ends the ordeal of answering 30 Q .. ( frankly i got bored by the time i reached the 15th Q . i can sympathise with ppl who managed to read this far) .. thanks a lot for the patient hearing ..
Office beckons .. *I wish I was back in School*